Workshop Experiences on Industry 4.0 in service companies
- Joseba Quevedo, Director of the Specific Research Center "Supervision, Security and Automatic Control (CS2AC)" of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), was invited to give a conference at the Industry 4.0 Workshop, EXPERIENCES ON INDUSTRY 4.0 IN SERVICE COMPANIES , organized by the enerTIC 2020 Live! platform, conferences held in Andalusia, in virtual format.
enerTIC 2020 LIVE! CATALONIA "Digitization, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability"
- On November 17, 18 and 19, the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community attended these online conferences where the advances of the strategic productive sectors of Catalan companies and organizations and of those responsible for technology and innovation in the region were announced , as well as technology providers associated with enerTIC, with the aim of helping to promote digitization, efficiency and sustainability.
- Innovation and digitization are having an impact on the world of energy and are decisive to advance in the decarbonization of the economy, the energy transition and the improvement of business competitiveness.
- Sessions organized by the enerTIC Platform, with the support of the Associated Companies and the Institutional Collaboration Network, were distributed in 3 days and, through round tables and conferences, topics related to:
- Energy & Utilities (Smart Grids, Renewable Generation, Energy Storage…):
- New trends and opportunities in energy efficiency for the decarbonization of cities (Naturgy)
- From the platform to the dispenser (T-Systems)
- Opengate: vertical solutions for Utilities (Amplia Soluciones)
- Put order: the management of digital assets (or how all assets are assets) (Minsait an Indra Company)
- Weaver: a comprehensive vision towards the digitization of assets & operations in Utilities (everis)
- More secure and resilient distribution network thanks to digital tools that help in your planning and flexibility management (tecnatom)
- Energy efficiency and sustainability in industry 4.0 (Carlo Gavazzi)
- Industry & Mobility (Industry 4.0, Intelligent Transports, Smart Mobility, Smart Vehicle…):
- Twin X: needs and use cases for digital twin and security in industrial automation environments (T-Systems)
- Hyperautomation for energy efficiency (GMV)
- Projects for recovery, transformation and resilience (Ibermática Industrial 4.0)
- Why does IOT in Industry 4.0 need integration to meet its objectives? (Software AG)
- Vision and trends Cellnex Telecom (Cellnex Telecom)
- Cities & Territories (Smart Buildings, Smart Cities, Smart Tourism, Lighting…):
- Digitization and sustainability in times of COVID (Telefónica)
- Digitization around mobility: efficiency and sustainability (Geotab)
- Connected lighting: driving cities towards a more efficient and sustainable model (Schréder)
- Present and future of charging points for electric vehicles (Circutor)
- Changing the paradigm of municipal services management (Opentrends)
- Energy systems to guarantee telecommunications service in rural environments (Desigenia)
Community Networking RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0
- During the month of October, the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community has participated in several seminars, online, of interest to the community and industry 4.0
- Innovation Day Energy
- Held on October 8, and through an exchange of knowledge, innovation, synergies, challenges and solutions to improve efficient energy management in Utilities, it was organized jointly with the Efficient Energy Cluster of Catalonia (CEEC), the RIS3CAT Energy Community and the R + D + I Network: Energy for Society (XRE4S) a day of innovation in the field of energy to connect the technological needs of different companies as investors interested in developing synergies with other emerging companies.
- Disruptive Innovation Workshop: (IN) SUSTAINABLE, creating a regenerating future
- Session to learn about and put into practice business transformation methodologies, anticipate the transformations of the new Green Deal concept, and create working groups to explore and design disruptive future scenarios so that they are possible and so that the appearance of new business models is also a chance to get it.
- Workshop held on October 21 and framed within the activities of the Enterprise Europe Network of which ACCIÓ is a part.
Conference on Technological Innovation on Energy Management
- On July 8, 2020, the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community had the opportunity to participate in the workshop "The financing of projects in the field of energy management" moderated by the FI Group. In it, the Community and its operation within the framework of RIS3 and the opportunity that it supposes to participate in it were made known.
- In the same way, Carles Cané, from the National Center for Microelectronics at CSIC-CNM, disclosed his experience in the Community under his participation in the SENIX project (Networks Sensing and Inspection).
- Then another workshop was held, “Knowledge transfer of energy management” led by ACCIÓ, where Oriol Pla from DEXMA's R&D team presented the PERSOSER project - Services customization for improving customer experience as an example of an energy project of the client in the field of Utilities.
- These conferences organized by the Technological Circle of Catalonia (CTecno) and the Digital Cluster had the support of ACCIÓ and the partnership of the Efficient Energy Cluster of Catalonia (CEEC) to discuss the impact of technology in the field of energy.
Participation in the 2nd Assembly of the RIS3CAT Water Community
- Altran, acting as the coordinating entity of the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 & Living Services Community, was invited to participate in the 2nd Assembly of the RIS3CAT Water Community, held on May 29th at the ACCIÓ headquarters in Barcelona.
- A round table was organized, together with the leaders of the rest of RIS3CAT Communities: COTPA Community, INNOAPAT Community and the Energy Community, making a presentation on the synergies between the activities of our Community and the Water’s.
- In this presentation, the objectives and projects that make the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community up were exposed, as well as the water link and importance for the sector that we are representing. In addition, some activities that are being carried out directly linked to water and performed by some partners of the Community were described. Thanks for sharing!
- Very enriching initiative to have new visions of the use and importance of water and to establish synergies among communities.
Where is the R&D going in the circular economy?
- On May 10th, the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community co-organized, together with ACCIÓ, the Seminar "Where does R&D go in the circular economy?, which was attended by approximately 110 attendees and presented 14 innovative solutions, within the field of Energy, Food and the industrial sectors.
- On this intercommunal day, the tendencies in R&D&I projects in the field of circular economy were exposed: the projects that are being carried out in Catalonia related to the circular economy and the different products and services that have been developed by cooperative projects financed with the RIS3CAT Communities program.
- A meeting and networking space between the RIS3CAT Communities that work on circular economy projects.
2nd General Assembly
- On March 29th, 2019, the 2nd General Assembly of the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 & Livng Services Community was held with the aim of monitoring the activities of each project (including also the modifications that occurred in them) and the approval (under unanimity) of the entry of a new partner, Sensotran. Welcome to our Community!!!
- The event was held in the new Naturgy’s InnovaHub space. It’s an open innovation space to connect with the digital and technological ecosystem that impacts the energy sector. From this site, we want to thank the cooperation of those responsible for offering us this space, as well as the rest of the participants who attended.
- As mentioned before, in addition to making a brief presentation of the changes that have occurred and to see the current situation of the projects, 2 PYMEs were encouraged to make themselves known, Sensotran and Worldsensing.
- We also had the participation of ACCIÓ, which showed the best practices of other Communities in order to apply them in our Community.
- Finally, new informative elements were shown, such as the new RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community Website, as well as the opening on social networks, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, encouraging all the partners to participate and to be proactive. Thanks to all for your participation!!!!
Regional conference of the European initiative PRIMA: 2019 Calls
- On January 22nd, 2019, at the ACCIÓ headquarters, an informative day was held to know the opportunities for participating in innovation projects in the upcoming calls for the PRIMA initiative (European entity that manages the funds) and the search for international synergies in the R&D&I field.
- That day consisted of the presentation of project proposals in the context of the previously mentioned theme by the 3 RIS3CAT Communities that are currently collaborating, in order to promote opportunities and synergies between the companies and entities that participated.
- This day is part of the Operational Programme of the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union of Catalonia 2014-2020.
Interreg Europe (RELOS3 Project)
- During the month of November, the City Council of Sabadell led an Interreg Europe on the role of local entities in the implementation of the RIS3, RELOS3. A Long Term Visit to the project partners was organized, who attended to learn from the experience of the Catalan RIS3CAT, and within this area, the specific instruments such as the RIS3 communities.
- Altran, as coordinator of the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community, participated in a round table to describe its experience within the Utilities Community to the partners of the different projects.
- On October 31st, 2018, the presentation of the RIS3-MCAT platform, an interactive tool to visualize the activity of Catalan entities in science and innovation projects financed with European funds, was carried out. In the proof of concept phase, the Platform allows to map and characterize the activity of Catalan entities in projects of the European Horitzó 2020 programme and the RIS3CAT Communities and technological hubs.
- The RIS3-MCAT Platform is an open government, artificial intelligence and data visualization project that integrates, relates and makes interoperable open data of science and innovation projects, with the aim of contributing to the following objectives:
- Understanding the impact of European funds on the specialization of the research and innovation ecosystem of Catalonia.
- Identifying opportunities to maximize the collective impact of research and innovation in Catalonia based on synergies and efforts coordination.
- Providing new evidence to facilitate the decision-making of the agents from the research and innovation ecosystem in Catalonia, to promote new dynamics of collaboration and to inspire new public policies.
- Making the Catalan entities that participate in the European research and innovation networks visible.
- Understanding how European funds contribute to providing innovative answers to the challenges of our society.
- Dynamically maps the relationships between the entities of the R&D&I system in Catalonia and detects the configuration and evolution of innovative networks and communities in the various areas of specialization.
- Dynamically maps the collaboration of the Catalan entities with international partners in the framework of the Horitzó 2020 programme.
- It shows the temporal evolution and the geographic distribution of the projects and the actors in the R&D&I ecosystem of Catalonia.
- It allows you to explore the areas of research and innovation in Catalonia using more than 15,000 keywords.
IoT Solutions World Congress (IoTSWC)
- Last October, 2018 the IoT Solutions World Congress was held in Barcelona, in which the latest advances in the field of Internet of Things were shown and, as a novelty, a forum on artificial intelligence was created.
- In this forum, the latest trends in artificial intelligence, data analytics and cognitive computing were discussed and real cases of the convergence of this technology and the IoT to transform the industry were exposed.
- More than 100 sessions were created, such as, connected transport, goods manufacturing, healthcare, energy and supplies, construction and infrastructure, open industry, facilitating technologies, blockchain and artificial intelligence.
- Altran participated in this congress by installing a stand to publicize the participation in the coordination of the RIS3CAT Utilities 4.0 Community, as well as to contribute the experience in innovation projects.